Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mitten Tag for Jess



Hi Blog Friends, Not feeling too hot, battling a cold and a stiff neck. It put a damper on my Thanksgiving weekend but I'll got thru it. I missed the Color Throwdown Challenge from last week. This mitten shaped tag was made for that challenge. Oh well, onward and upward!
Beside the color challenge, I was inspired by 2 things. One was Robin's Creative Cottage mitten tag ( check hers out, it's gorgeous!) and the other was PTI Make it Monday video on YouTube ( layered vellum).

I combined the 2 ideas to make my tag. I put it on my Daughter's birthday present last week. She's partial to mittens and I always think of her when I see one! I put a loop of twine on the back so she can hang it on her tree, if she wants.
Like Robin's, I used Joys of the Season Cricut Cart for the mitten but then cut it again with PTI vellum to layer over some snowflake confetti. Then just layered on some goodies, seam binding, holly leaves with stickles, lace, bell, PTI Tag, twine and a Maya Road star pin. The paper, MME, is a bright turq. but the vellum tones it down quite a bit.

Aren't the layers yummy? I'm entering this in a few current challenges.

The Pink Elephant- TPE176 Pretty packaging
Tuesday Throwdown- Lots of layers

4 comments:

  1. This is oh, so pretty, Kim! LOVE the soft, feminine feel, and your trims and touch of glitter are just perfect! Hope you get to feeling 100 percent really soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Kim! The layered vellum is beautiful. The confetti is a fun little extra and the mitten shape just makes it wow! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is beautiful! I love the lace you've added and the jingle bell. So lovely, thank you so much for sharing with me and I'm glad I inspired you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this mitten tag is so pretty! It's nice to see other bright colors for the holidays. Love it!

    ReplyDelete