Monday, April 27, 2015

CTS120



Hi Friends, I'm sharing a card for Case this Sketch 120 challenge. I haven't had this much fun making a card in months. Ignoring that fact that it is a sympathy card and focusing on the techniques was very satisfying.

 I followed the sketch very closely. I used the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Urban Grunge stamp set to stamp and emboss the bird with gold embossing powder on Ranger Distress Water color paper. I water colored with Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw and Tattered Rose Distress inks (love this combo) and stamped the cursive stamp over it with vintage photo ink. Lastly I stamped the sentiment stamp (maker unknown) with Black Versafine ink using a stamp-a-ma-jig to place the wood mounted stamp perfectly. A Lil Inker Stitched Rectangle die and a few SC white/clear sequins finish it off. 

As you like it Challenge -Favorite type of Embossing (I like heat embossing because it's like magic when you heat it and it's shiny!)
Faith Hope Love 1 cor13- Throwback-thursday-challenge Use a stamp at least 1 year old. Mine is 3 years old and barely ever used. 
7 kids challenge blog -124 -Anything goes (I used TH Stamps and Rangers Products)




A shot of the shine from the gold EP and sequins.





CARD 2


And now for another card I made this weekend. I thought I was using a current sketch from Retro Sketches but turns out that was weeks ago. Haha, figures! 
This was easy enough thanks to my SSS balloon dies and a SSS birthday stamp set. I hadn't used this largest die which is just about the size of an A2 card. I only used half, of course. The design paper (maybe MME) is cute and modern. I like it with the matching grid paper. Simple and cute with with black ink and twine. 






Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge -CAS
Seize the birthday-make-your-own-background or anything goes birthday
ABC Challenge -H is for Happy Birthday


Bye, Bye now!

13 comments:

  1. Love the watercolors!!! Totally gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card. Thanks for joining us at challenge up your life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Tim Holtz set but would never have thought to use it this way. It looks amazing as your focal point with the water color washes. The design of the second card is really fun. Wonderful work Kim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely simple design makes it pop from the card, the balloon die looks great! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, the first is very soothing and pretty and it makes a lovely sympathy card. The second is so much fun! Perky and cute. Love that little curl you gave the baker's twine. Super cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, I must CAS this, I am always looking for unique but different sympathy cards...I love that one you did! but I am here for the BIG Birthday Balloon card from STB...which thank you very much for joining us! I have that big die and now you have inspired me once again with this card! Have a great week! Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are both gorgeous card, luv the first ones background...awesome! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful creations, Kim! LOVE the elegance of the first with the soft palette and stunning pop of gold, and the oversize balloon on the second simply oozes fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Swoon... the watercolored card is so amazing!! No wonder you really enjoyed it and it will be very appreciated by the recipient too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...I LOVE watercoloring, so I am In LOVE with this card! Both cards are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these cards are absolutely brilliant! Wonderful, clever designs. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards. Love the sympathy card, such a hard theme, but beautifully elegant.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
    Lili of the Valley,
    Without Words Challenge
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete