Saturday, May 30, 2015

MM160


Hi Everyone, For Merry Monday 160, I used this great patterned paper to fulfill the challenge requirement of using "Newsprint". I also used the Freshly Made Sketch 188 to put this card together.
Spellbinder dies were used to die cut the cute PTI card stock  poinsettias which I sponged with Fired Brick Distress Ink. I layered them, adhered with Multi Matte Medium and some Doodlebug sequins and gold pearls. 

The square was also die cut with a SB die to make a window. I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment with Versa Fine Black on an ivory card stock square on the inside of the card. To match the gold sequins I matted the newsprint PP on a DCWV gold foil mat. Thanks for visiting!

Freshly Made Sketches -Sketch 188
Merry Monday 160 -Newsprint
Christmas Card Challenges 25 -Anything Goes
52cct -Pick a previous Color challenge -I chose Color combo #2, Red,Green and Gold
ABC Christmas Challenge K is for Keep it Simple







16 comments:

  1. Wonderful Christmas card! Such beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a lot of impact your card has. I love that newsprint background and the great contrast with your lovely pointsettias. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've combined all the challenges really well - your card has super traditional colours, love the layout and is so elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! I call winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Lots of depth and the flowers just pop out with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness this is BEAUTIFUL Kim! LOVE those poinsettias. A perfect way to combine the newsprint with the beautiful red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Kim! I love how the newsprint makes a frame for the pretty Merry Christmas. The die cut poinsettias are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! We used the same paper on our cards :)
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card. Great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love that background paper and those gorgeous poinsettias! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these poinsettias with the sketch! You had the perfect paper for the Merry Monday challenge, too. Really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a stunning card! I love the ponsettias! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that the newsprint is Christmas themed, tying in perfectly with your card! It's a wonderful card with a traditional feel. Thanks so much for making 52CCT part of your crafting fun! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Classy Kim! Love those fiery poinsettias. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple and elegant. Thank you for playing along at the ABC Christmas Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    Carissa

    ReplyDelete